When you run the batch invoice process, the Invoice Frequency determines the date range of time and expense transactions to be included on an Invoice. For example, if you set the Invoice Frequency to weekly, the batch invoice process will create a separate invoice for each week.
Invoice frequency can be set as a company default or at the customer level.
Invoice frequency set as Company Default
- Click on Setup under Preferences
- Click on Invoice Rules under Invoice
- Go to Invoice Frequency and there you have 4 options:
- Weekly – Create an invoice for time and expenses are each week
- Bi-Weekly – Create an invoice for time and expenses for two weeks
- Semi-Monthly - Create an invoice for time and expenses for 1-15th, and then from 16th until end of the month
- Monthly – Create an invoice for time and expenses for each calendar month
Invoice frequency setup in Customer level
- Click on Customers and select the customer/project you want to update
- Click on Invoice Pref. tab
- Uncheck Use company defaults Invoice rules
- Select the Invoice Frequency for this customer