Yes, you can make a customer, project or task billable.
- Click on Setup under Preferences in the Sidebar.
- Click on Timesheet Preference and scroll down to Bill Projects for time
- You will see three options:
Billable - This will make all the timesheets billable by default.
Non-Billable - This will make all the timesheets Non-Billable by default.
Use Rules - Rules will help you make selective projects or tasks billable.
- Click on Use Rules. You will get a Default Billable Status popup.
- If you wish to make selective projects billable then select Project Radio button, select the Project from the list and click on Make Billable.
- If you want to make selective tasks billable, then select Task Radio button, select the Task from the list and click on Make Billable.
If you want to give the user the permission to change the default billable status, check the Allow user to edit this box.